The Chambers Team: Jordan Curtis, B.Sc, LL.B, MTaxS (Auck)
Jordan Curtis joined Chambers in July 2018. He is a graduate of the University of Auckland with conjoint BSc and LLB degrees. During his undergraduate studies Jordan developed a passion for tax law, driven by an interest in making law more widely accessible by simplifying complicated tax issues.
Jordan developed this interest by pursuing a Masters in Taxation Studies (MTaxS), with which he graduated with first class honours. During his postgraduate studies he has written on a broad range of topics, including:
- International Taxation of Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies
- Taxation of Charities and Organisations with a Political Purpose
- Judicial Interpretation of Tax Law
- Making Tax Compliance for the Cash Economy Easier for the Taxpayer
- The United States Recent Tax Reforms and the OECD BEPS Initiatives
Jordan was awarded the Thomson Reuters International Tax Top Student Prize by the University of Auckland in 2018 for his research in International Tax Law.
When not working, Jordan and his partner enjoy classical music, seeking out New Zealand’s ‘foodie’ destinations, and tramping through New Zealand's regional parks.
Jordan's direct dial number is +64 9 394 8619. He is contactable by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or through our contact page.